1.No member (Student & Employees) will be permitted to enter the library without wearing the college Identity Card.
Note: For loss of ID cards library users have to pay Rs 100 /- to account section. Then the receipt issued from accounts section, FIR copy & filled ID card membership form shall be submitted to library AIT Library Office for making new ID card. In case Lanyard with holder is also lost by the student he shall deposit Rs. 25 in accounts section & submit the receipt to office for getting new lanyard with holder.
2. Readers should observe strict silence and switch off their mobile phones etc in the library premises.
3. Library membership ID cards are non-transferable.
4. Books are normally issued for a period of 15 days and renewal of books will not be allowed. Identity card should be produced at the time of borrowing and returning of books in the library, otherwise books will not be issued.
5. Reference books and periodicals are not for issue.
6. Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of books before borrowing.
7. Members are responsible for books issued against their membership number.
8. Issued books returned after due date will result to overdue / fine charges i.e Rs 5/- per book per day.
9. Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or any printed material and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the property counter at their own risk. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the property counter.
10. Readers are requested not to leave Journals & magazines on the reading table after use and will keep them back on the racks.
11. Library is having right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
12. If any student found stealing or tearing any library document, he / she will be debarred from using library facilities as decided by librarian.
13. Circulation timing is from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days of the Institute except half an hour lunch break from 1 to 1:30 PM.
14. For more information, please check AIT Library’s website: http://aitcentrallibrary.coml
1. In case of any difficulty in the use of library resources, always contact the library staff, librarian or members of library committee.
2. Students are advised to regularly scan the library notice boards for important information about the library, study, scholarships etc.
3. Any infringement of the library rules may lead to the withdrawal of library membership, fine or both.
AIT Central Library
Library Rules (Book Bank – AIT)
- Students will be provided one text book per subject, semester Wise.
- Books will be issued only if the student produces the Institute Identity Card (1st , 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th Semester students).
- Books will be issued only if the students have submitted the College Fee. Students have to produce original fee receipt to get the books issued from Book-Bank (For 1st Year Students -> Students have to fill Book-Bank Membership form and has to get the fee receipt verify from librarian & then submit the photocopy of it along with photocopy of IP BTE Enrollment Slip to Book-Bank In charge).
- Students must examine each book before borrowing and immediately report any damaged/missing page to the Book Bank In-charge.
- Books are to be returned in good condition. Students should not write, mark, disfigure/damage books otherwise they have to bear the cost of the book along with the binding cost.
- Students will deposit all issued books within five day after exam (Schedule will be also given to students before final exam). Defaulters will be required to deposit fine of Rs 5 per book per day. Fine will not be exempted.
- Strict Silence should be maintained in the Book Bank.